Kate Pierson of the B-52’s is pretty much always singing duets. In fact, the B-52’s are iconic for their male/female vocal team, Fred Schneider, Kate Pierson and Cindy Wilson. Kate’s sexy and strong voice reaches farther than just one band. Here are five great duets she has been a part of!
- “Chop Suey” by Ramones– Kate’s voice is heard immediately at the start of this with bandmate Cindy Wilson and the legendary Debbie Harry. What I would have given to be a fly on the wall during this recording. Their backing vocals really add a B-52s vibe to the Ramones. Too good!
2. “I Will Call You” by Melon- A hard to find and little known act… B-52 members Keith, Cindy and Kate were a part of this band. It was only released in Japan but is a catchy number!
3. “The Whole Man” by David Byrne and Fatboy Slim ft. Kate Pierson- This song appeared on the David Byrne and Fatboy Slim collaborative album, Here Lies Love. An upbeat song that’s easy to dance to and shows off Kate’s voice.
4. “Shiny Happy People” by R.E.M.– This is the song that prompted me to make this playlist. Kate Pierson makes this whole song. Her voice adds a new dimension and creates an iconic 1990’s song. And she was kind enough to appear in their goofy music.
5. “Candy” by Iggy Pop and Kate Pierson- As far as I’m concerned, this is the best duet that has ever occurred in music. IT IS PERFECT. I just get so excited every time I hear it. I’m sorry but this has to be one of the greatest songs. Their voices are perfect together. And of course, Iggy isn’t wearing a shirt.